Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hawt Dog with Avocado Arts

Good morning! I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog this morning to share some projects with the new stamp set for July - Hawt Dog!


One of my favorite summer activities is camping - although sadly it feels like we rarely have time any more to do it - so caught up in the busyness of life sadly. Anyway, that cute tent and sentiment totally made me feel nostalgic to some of our many other camping trips!


I heat embossed it on vellum, layered on some fun pattern paper from Crate Paper, and finished off with some jute twine.


Next up, I tried my hand at some no line coloring on the S'more - I'm strange, because I like my s'more without the chocolate, or even better, with a bit of lemon curd to replace it! Yummy! However, this one is absolutely darling!


I stamped it with a soft MFT dye ink, then used a few other MFT dye inks to paint it in. LOVE how the no line effect came out! Added some splatters with the green as well, and a bit of jute twine to finish off.


And finally - that campfire and sentiment was just screaming for a bold treatment! Does anyone else love sitting around a campfire? Some of the best conversations happen there, don't you think?


I used some Basic Grey pattern paper, added some torn vellum strips, a few enamel dots, some jute twine, some white gel pen accents, and finished off with some white splatters of Mister Huey's mist.


Thanks so much for dropping by today! Hope your summer has been full of fun, and lots of camping and all the fun activities that brings! Have a great day!

3 comments: